Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Twilight contest has a winner

Guess what? I didn't win in the Twilight contest on Fizzer.ph that I was making so much noise about for several weeks, hoping and begging for my family and friends to vote for me. Winning it really wasn't easy. At times it felt like pulling out of quicksand would be easier than convincing people not only to sign up to Fizzer.ph but also to vote for me on the Twilight contest and give me 5 stars. People had different reasons for taking their time or not doing it at all. For some it was security or privacy issues, for others it was either a very busy social or work schedule. Which is why I am very, very thankful to all the people who did vote. Your combined votes was enabled me to reach the #2 spot in the photo contest.

Some of my friends told me they were waiting for the last minute to vote. Unfortunately, registration/login bugs prevented them from entering the site and therefore could not vote for me. I actually saw this for myself since one of my friends registered in my presence and was unable to login despite receiving the confirmation email. I guess that SNAFUs are one of the things to be expected when we wait until the last minute to do something.

With more than a 200 vote lead on me, I am not surprised that 24 year old Helga Weber went home with the Canon 450D Rebel DSLR Camera. Congratulations, Helga!

No comments:

Post a Comment