Friday, December 18, 2009

Trying to stay positive

One day and ten hours. As of this blog that is how much time is left before Fizzer declares a winner. At the moment it seems to be clear it isn't going to be me. The person in front of me has right now is something like 300 votes ahead. Definitely it is because she has been working her butt off today getting her family and friends to vote for her. I have been doing the same for several days now myself.

I am thankful to those who have taken the time to vote, despite the many bugs we have encountered the last couple of days. The fact that you persevered means a lot to me. And yet, when I look at how much movement my votes got from last night to now, it seems I only got 1 star more, and it was from a detractor, not a friend. Thank you, detractor for giving me one star. In your little way, you helped, even if your goal was just to complain. Especially to the friends who absolutely hated having to sign up but for the love of me did so just to vote for me, I thank you most of all. You overcame your reservations to support me.

I'm sitting here thinking ... perhaps my family and friends are just waiting until the last minute before they vote? Maybe that's it. Certainly, the #1's score jump could be explained by that on her end. I would rather think my family and friends and their friends are just waiting. I guess we will know for sure by tomorrow, eh, when there is movement (or lack thereof) of votes.

I'm trying really, really hard to be optimistic. But when I can't even get my daughter to campaign for me enthusiastically with her friends for a prize that is meant for her, not me, I can't help but be depressed. I don't know. Maybe it is embarrassing for a 39 year old mom to join a Twilight contest.

Don't get me wrong, my vote tally, to date is not shabby. I am currently at #2 after all. But that won't win me the prize. To win I have to be #1.

As I've mentioned before, ordinarily I am not one to ask for favors. Neither do I force people to do something they don't want to do. But now, I find myself asking, and begging, and cajoling. Friends, for love of me, if nothing else, please sign up and vote for me at http://www.fizzer.ph/competitions/twilight.html, and if possible, do give me the maximum 5 stars.

If you have already voted for me and gave me anywhere from 1 to 5 stars, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Even the detractors that gave me 1 star ... thank you so much for your attention.

I love you all and thank you for helping me. I pray you help me. I pray we win.





No comments:

Post a Comment