Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Wala akong pakialam."

I went to school yesterday to enroll for the summer. �While I was there I bumped into one of the officers of the Society and since I am still a fairly new student I asked him about the enrollment procedures for the summer. �His answer to me was "wala akong pakialam"�(translation: �"I don't care.)

I won't deny it, not only was I shocked at his answer I was, quite frankly, disappointed at him.

I get it. �He had no plans of enrolling for the summer. �I wasn't even asking him if he was. My question was quite simple. �How do we enroll? �It was a legitimate question of a newbie to a veteran, right? �I didn't need nor deserve any lip for that.

Plus, he is an OFFICER. �It is part of his responsibilities to guide and assist members of the society when he is able to. �And giving instructions on enrollment procedures certainly falls into that category. �

If he didn't know the answer then all he had to say was that he didn't know, right? �That would have been acceptable. �But to tell me that he didn't care? �If you were in my shoes how would you have reacted to that?

When he told me that, this is what I said, "I'm not asking you if you are enrolling this summer. �I am asking if you know HOW we are taking summer classes are supposed to do it." �At which he answered, "Wala akong pakialam. �Ewan ko."

I will be charitable and think he was just having a bad day. �But, nonetheless, tthat is no reason to be rude to people. �Our brains still control our bodies. �How we act when we are in an emotional state can still be controlled by our will if we just exert some effort into it. �All it would have taken was a breath, a mind shift, and a pleasant answer. �If he had simply said "ewan ko" I would have accepted that. �After all, I can't blame the guy for being ignorant of the procedures, right? �That's where I was coming from. �But to tell me he didn't care?

Dude, if you don't care, then what the hell are you doing here?!? �If you are not fit for company, then better to just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment