Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Food and Friends at Bizu

I love attending bloggers events, especially FOOD blogging events.  Yesterday I had the privilege of attending Bizu's Blogger Merienda 2 where we were invited to sample there summer sorbets and their Yoga Cake.




I asked Mark to join me in attending this event.  Goodies like these are meant to be shared with a friend or two, or three, right?  I saw some old friends there and also made some new ones. Jomi shared a table with us and we had a really good conversation with her while sampling everything on the table.

Bizu was very generous to its bloggers.  Before allowing us to sample the succulent summer treats (see first picture above), they treated us to afternoon tea. This was composed of a variety of hors d'oeuvres, tiny sandwiches, and dessert pastries and chocolate truffles, washed down with tea, coffee, and water. The clincher was ... everything was refillable, and refillable, and refillable! But we had to leave room for "the stars of the show", so to speak.

Of the food served for afternoon tea the ones I enjoyed the most were caramelized apple with brie on croute, the chocolate truffles, the opera cake, and the salmon. Yum!




Click HERE to read my review of the summer sorbets and the Yoga cake.

Thank you, also, for the "jam" you gave us to take home. I was given the Mango and Lemon and it will be perfect for when I make a salad with mango vinaigrette! Overall, it was a wonderfully, tummy-filled afternoon and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Bizu, keep me in mind for the next one, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment