Monday, March 9, 2009

Empowered


I am woman. I am strong. I am invincible. I am a goddess! Independent. Self-reliant. Assured. Capable. Skilled. A match for any man. Pain is no stranger to me. I have known pain so great it could have killed me. And yet I survived and stand before you whole. I have swallowed the bitter pill Of rejection and disappointment many times. Apathy, indecision, self-doubt Self-recrimination, insecurity, loss of pride But worst of all ... helplessness. Worthless, pitiful A shadow of the person I used to be. But no more. I am strong. I am invincible. I am a goddess! And yet ... I am human And can't help but feel. I am vulnerable but I will overcome. I feel pain, but I will endure. I care ... and that will never change. Earth mother Nurturer ... I'm a chameleon, ever changing To fit my surroundings To be what you need me to be. Mother, sister, daughter Boss, nurse, lover, wife, friend ... I am woman I am a goddess! Hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment