After registration the first thing we did was tour the facilities of Fully Booked from basement and back to the Top Shelf on the 5th floor. This is how I discovered that they had a mini movie theater set up called U-View which they rent out for public use. There were store buyers on every floor to explain the kind of books they select, which was all self-explanatory since everyone present could read (there were signs all over the place). It helped to know that Starbucks and the public restroom were both on the 3rd floor. I always wondered where the restroom was, just never got around to asking. Whenever I go to Fully Booked at Bonifacio High Street I usually go directly to one of two floors: the basement for the sci-fi and fantasy and to the second floor for the young adult sci-fi and fantasy. Is it obvious yet that I am into sci-fi and fantasy?
- bagette topped with tomato and basil
- pasta - our choice of penne or fetuccini with either carbonara or meat sauce with rolls
- roast beef with mushroom gravy sauce
- fish fingers with tartar sauce
- asian salad martini
- green salad martini
- maki salad in a pita roll
- chicken bbq salad in a pita roll
- vegetable sticks
- fruit salad
- about 10 types of dessert
- blueberry creme brulee
- strawberry pannacotta
- coffee mousse
- washed down with iced tea and water
There were a LOT of books to choose from and the hunt for a good book turned into a feeding frenzy. I had such a difficult time choosing but opted instead for these two books because I've been wanting to get them for some time and just haven't gotten around to it. Now, I guess, I will end up completing both series.
The best news, though, for me was what was announced after. Everyone who attended the event were made members of the newly formed Fully Booked Book Bloggers Club. Being a member means:
- monthly book club meetings, which I presume means possible free books and we will need to write book reviews
- first dibs on visiting foreign authors
- P1,000.00 gift certificate for selected blogger of the month if your review is selected for the month.
This event was in cooperation with Hizon's and Yehey.com.